The rainy season has already started and who doesn’t love to have a cup of hot tea with tasty, delicious crispy corn!
Crispy corn is a mouthwatering dish that can be served as a starter or an evening snack and it’s super easy to make. Be it, kids or adults, men or women, boys or girls, this is a perfect appetizer for any family get together evenings.
Here we are sharing the recipe to make a delicious, mouthwatering crispy corn dish, experimented over time, easy to cook and whose ingredients could be found very easily in the market. So, let’s get started…
1. tbsp stands for tablespoon – 3ml- 7ml or 3mg -7mg
2. tsp stands for teaspoon – 15-20ml or 15-20 mg
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour( Maida)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp of chat masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Frying
- water for boiling corn kernels
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup Chopped Spring Onions
- 2 green chilies/red chilies, chopped
- 2-3 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Chopped spring onions
- Avoid juicy and too soft corn kernels
- Boiling the corn is optional (if corn is not too hard)
- Take a vessel, add corn kernels, salt, and water. Turn on flame, Let the corn boil in water for 5 to 6 minutes. Check if it seems puffy after 5 minutes. If yes, take it out in a sieve.
- Take a bowl, add boiled corn, pepper powder, Salt(as per your test) Mix all ingredients well, till corn is coated(add 1-1/2 tsp water if it is still powdery)
- Now heat oil in the frying pan. check the oil, once rightly hot start frying the coated corn.
- Keep the flame low medium, roast corn for 3 minutes. Fry for 1 to 2 more minutes on high flame. Gradually increase the flame. Keep a check on it. (Cover the pan if corn splatters)
- When they turn crunchy remove it into kitchen napkin. (fry all the coated corns one after the other.
- Heat a pan on low flame and add 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Add 1/4cup Chopped Spring Onions, 2 green chilies/red chilies chopped, cook it partially.
- Add 1/2 tsp of chat masala, 1/2 tsp of red chili powder, cook it well.
- Now add 2-3 tsp tomato sauce, 1 tsp chili sauce,1/2 tsp soy sauce and cook it for 30-35 sec.
- Now add fried corn to it and take out in a serving bowl.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and spring onions.
Mouthwatering crispy corns are ready . SERVE HOT!!